1. Current/Elliott: Taking a modern approach to the American classic, Current/Elliott transcends trends with its unique silhouettes, classic fits and everlasting aesthetics. Its new store in Bucktown evokes a similar sense of timelessness. $188-$358, 1723 N. Damen Ave.
2. Dearborn Denim: Skip the retail markup. New on the block, this West Side factory takes pride in its long-staple cotton that’s manufactured to stretch without stretching out. $49-$65
3. Henry & Belle: Beyond its romantic backstory, you’ll fall in love with the brand’s trendy blues that count Jessica Alba and Eva Longoria as fans. Find them at Art Effect, Comfort Me, Denim & Soul, Belle Up Boutique, Eskell or The Denim Lounge. $99-$216
4. Mugsy Jeans: Comfort is key at Mugsy. The brand’s use of high-tech fabric makes every pair of jeans warp-, shrink- and wrinkle-resistant, while the addition of synthetic silk allows them to look stylish and feel like sweatpants. $98
5. Stock MFG: This Chicago manufacturer translates the classic and sustainable qualities of jean material in its denim shirts for men. Stop by the West Fulton Market storefront and see for yourself. $72-$98, 2136 W. Fulton St.