1. Cabana Club: Head poolside and soak in some warm rays at Robey Hotel’s brand new Cabana Club restaurant, opening May 7. This Wicker Park rooftop spot features Mexican-inspired cuisine and skyline views—a summer combo that can’t be beat. 1616 N. Milwaukee Ave.
2. Apogee: Skip dinner and go straight to drinks at Apogee, Fifty/50 Restaurant Group’s newest project located on top of The Dana Hotel and Spa. Enjoy elaborate, large-format cocktails with friends while gazing out at the city from Apogee’s comfortable lounge when it opens to the public May 5. 660 N. State St.
3. Ronero: Open since December, Ronero has been impressing Chicagoans with its Latin American flavors and specialty rum cocktails, and now it’s moving outside. This West Loop late-night spot will open its patio this spring, complete with a new menu of fresh, seasonal offerings evocative of a summer in South America. 738 W. Randolph St.
4. 20 East: Chef James Keane is rethinking American classics at the brand-new 20 East, opening this May. Located next to the Talbott Hotel in the Gold Coast, 20 East is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner—this sidewalk patio is ready to impress at all times of day. 20 E. Delaware Pl.
5. LH Rooftop at LondonHouse Chicago: LondonHouse has only been around for a year, but if you haven’t been there yet, you’re missing out. Experience modern American cuisine and jazz-age inspired cocktails amidst Chicago’s only tri-level rooftop venue—from a meal at the indoor bar on the twenty-first floor or small-bites and cocktails on the twenty-second-floor terrace, to an intimate dining experience in the signature LondonHouse cupola at the very top of the building. 85 E. Upper Wacker Dr.