1. 312 Chicago: Is your pup an Italian food fanatic? Hit up this popular West Loop restaurant during Waggin’ Weekends when a specially curated Cagnolino menu is available just for dogs. We recommend the veggie and cheese dish or the salmon and white rice. Complementary dog treats are offered with every purchase. Oh, and for humans? The Linguine Nere made with black squid ink and saffron cream sauce can’t be beat. Saturdays and Sundays, 11AM-2PM, 136 N. LaSalle St.
2. Filini: The Radisson Blu restaurant just launched its B.Y.O.D(og) program, welcoming diners and their dogs to its sleek covered patio. Pups can now enjoy all-day canine cuisine—including options like the “Bad to the Bone” burger ($5) and “Frosty Paws” ice cream treats ($5)—right alongside their owners. Stop by to cool off and recharge with a drink or two. 221 N. Columbus Drive
3. Benchmark: Hang out with your hound at this upscale Old Town sports bar, where you can beat the heat with Benchmark’s creative cocktail list (try the refreshing “Country Breakfast” ($12) featuring maple syrup, candied bacon, fresh blackberries and Jameson on the rocks). While dogs can’t order cocktails, they can indulge in their own selection of mini burgers, chicken breasts and carrots–with water, straight up of course. A ruff life, but someone has to live it! 1510 N. Wells St.
4. Nellcôte: The chic, flower-lined patio at this French-inspired West Loop restaurant hosts a Bone Appétit happy hour every weekend. Come for the boozy drink specials, stay for the delicious savory bites and bring your pup along for the complimentary treats and socializing. Saturdays and Sundays, 3PM–5PM, 833 W. Randolph St.
5. Chicago Burger Company: Nothing quite says ‘Chicago summer’ like sitting by the water. The patio at this seasonal riverfront spot offers guests gorgeous lake views, quality people-watching and some of the best burgers in the city. For your four-legged friend, expect bones ($2) and rice bowl options featuring chicken or ground beef ($8). 301 E. North Water St.