The 900 North Michigan Shops transformed its atrium into a winter wonderland, as it hosted its second annual, tree lighting ceremony on Thurs, Nov. 16th. The event was an arts-forward, community-wide kick off to the Holiday season, and delivered a most magical celebration for all 1,200 guests in attendance. A robust line up of holiday performances entertained guests throughout the evening. The highlight being Santa’s arrival to light the 50ft tall tree, which was heralded by the Chicago Children’s Choir singing, “Here Come’s Santa Claus”. Once in front of the tree, standing with a Make-A-Wish child, and the evening’s celebrated Host Committee, Santa led the countdown to light the tree. As soon as the majestic tree was illuminated, amidst a chorus of, “oohs”, and, “ahhs”, four cannons shot off jubilant streamers into the open atrium to the crowd’s delight.
Upon arrival to 900 North Michigan Shops, guests were transported to a winter wonderland, brought to life by décor from Kehoe Designs. The luxe and magical evening was further enhanced by:
• 900 North Michigan Shops – Halls decked with holiday garland flanked the atrium where the storybook, 50ft tall tree held court.
o The Real Elf – Guests were delighted to spy the real-life elf, and couldn’t wait to, “Take An Elfie”.
o Santa – Eyes were never wider than when Santa made his appearance to light the tree.
• Sound Investments – Warm, ambient lighting studded by oversized snowflakes, and holiday music piped throughout the atrium.
• 10 Model Management – Male models dressed as toy soldiers playfully greeted guests upon arrival, and escorted Santa to light the tree.
• Blue Plate Catering – Passed delectable hors d’oeuvres throughout the evening.
• Sur La Table – Delighted children and parents alike with sugar cookie decorating.
• Four Seasons Hotel Chicago - Offered custom confections from their acclaimed pastry chef.
• King Café – Provided hot chocolate and coffee service.
• Absolut Elyx – Hosted the VIP lounge known as, “The House of Elyx”
• G.H. Mumm – Champagne flowed from two separate bars.
• Birra Moretti – Provided beer for the evening.